In the contemporary business landscape, disputes are not uncommon. When a business dispute rises to the level of litigation, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Rosenblatt Law PC provides offensive and defensive capabilities to a wide range of clients facing business litigation throughout Northern New Jersey and the greater New York area. Our attorneys will also use creative thinking to resolve business disputes, either before or after litigation has begun.
Founding attorney Raphael Rosenblatt is a highly skilled trial lawyer with a proven history of achieving successful outcomes in business litigation. Our legal team has a well-deserved reputation as dedicated advocates, who provide our business clients with objective insights and effective legal strategies. We are equally comfortable in state and federal courts, and with alternative forms of dispute resolution, such as arbitration or mediation.
When you become our client, you will have confidence knowing that our experienced business litigation lawyers are in your corner.
Business Litigation Lawyers Serving Bergen County
If your company is facing litigation, you are likely concerned about its potential effect on your operations and viability. At Rosenblatt Law PC, we provide our clients with cost-effective, innovative solutions to a wide range of business disputes, including:
- Breach of contract — Failing to perform under the terms of a contract is a legal basis for a breach of contract claim. Left unresolved, a breach of contract allegation can damage your business relationships as well as your reputation in the marketplace. Our business litigation lawyers can help you obtain or mitigate damages, depending on which side you are on, or seek other legal remedies such as specific performance.
- Business fraud — We regularly pursue and defend all types of business fraud claims such as nondisclosure, misrepresentation, false statements, deceptive trade practices, and tortious interference with contractual relations. Our legal team provides a powerful combination of legal and business knowledge in litigating business fraud cases.
- Legal malpractice — Whether you believe you have been harmed by an attorney’s negligence or you have been wrongly accused of legal malpractice, it is important to have competent and knowledgeable counsel when dealing with this highly specialized area of law. Rosenblatt Law PC has extensive experience representing both attorneys defending against legal malpractice cases, as well as clients that have been damaged as a result of an attorney’s malpractice. Rosenblatt Law PC will work diligently to protect your interests. Legal fee disputes – Whether a client has failed to pay legal bills or claims the attorney overbilled, Rosenblatt Law PC has extensive experience representing both attorneys and clients in all manner of legal fee disputes, including litigation and fee arbitrations.
- Nondisclosure/noncompete agreements — While these agreements are designed to protect confidential business information and trade secrets against theft by departing executives, key personnel, vendors, and other third parties, NDAs and noncompetes that are overly restrictive may be thrown out by the courts.
- Insurance litigation — We regularly represent insurance industry clients in coverage disputes, bad faith claims, and ERISA litigation and also defend policyholders in claims ranging from insurance sales practice claims to coverage claims.
- Partnership/shareholder disputes — Conflicts between partners and shareholders, from allegations of mismanagement to breaches of fiduciary duty, require the skilled representation that our business litigation lawyers provide.
- Business sales/dissolution — The purchase or sale of a business is a complex transaction that can easily go off track and require court intervention, while dissolving a business poses significant challenges to owners, partners and third parties. Rosenblatt Law PC can help develop successful and amicable exit strategies for our business clients.
- Consumer fraud — State laws impose harsh penalties against businesses that harm consumers by means of unfair and deceptive practices. The statutes also are often very broadly construed so as to provide maximum protection. The dedicated advocates at Rosenblatt Law PC help consumers fight back against fraud and abuse, or can defend businesses accused of unfair and deceptive business practices to protect against the broad scope of the statutes.
- Securities litigation/FINRA arbitration — Our legal team represents investors and also investment professionals in securities litigation and FINRA arbitration proceedings arising from claims involving breach of fiduciary duty, churning, investment fraud, misrepresentation, unsuitable investments, and unauthorized trading.
At Rosenblatt Law PC, we leverage our reputation as aggressive trial lawyers to encourage parties to come to the bargaining table, but we are fully equipped to litigate any type of business dispute. If you do not obtain a favorable ruling at trial, we will determine whether there is a legal basis for an appeal and work to protect your interests in the state and federal appellate courts.
Alternative Dispute Resolution For Business Litigation
Knowing that a protracted legal dispute can be a costly distraction from business operations, we often recommend alternative dispute resolution options that may be available, including mediation and arbitration:
Mediation is a non-binding dispute resolution option in which a neutral third party, known as a mediator, works with both parties to arrive at a negotiated solution to a business dispute. Because a mediator cannot offer legal advice, it is crucial to have the advice of an attorney to protect your interests. If an agreement cannot be reached through mediation, business litigation may be inevitable.
Arbitration does not involve a judge or jury; rather, an arbitrator or a panel of arbitrators conducts a hearing during which both parties can present evidence and call witnesses. The arbitrator’s ruling is completely binding, however, and the matter cannot be litigated in court.
Contact Our Experienced Business Litigation Lawyers Serving Northern New Jersey and the Greater New York Area
If your business is facing potential litigation, you need the first-class representation that Rosenblatt Law PC provides. When you consult with us, we will take the time to understand your circumstances and objectives and explore all your options. Regardless of the forum, litigation, mediation or arbitration, you can trust us to protect your interests. Please contact our office today to set up a consultation.
Located in Hackensack, Rosenblatt Law PC regularly handles business litigation in Bergen, Essex, Morris, Hudson, and Passaic counties and throughout all of Northern Jersey and the greater New York area.